Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Orientation, lease, work and gyros...

Well, its been awhile since I have written. Its been busy lately! Last week I went to visit my boyfriend, Nate, and attend orientation for my new college. I am really excited to be transferring to a bigger school... I've been in a small religious-based school since Kindergarten. It has always been an amazing blessing to me. I would not change it for the world... yet I'm excited for a new place. I was also able to sign a lease for an apartment with 2 wonderful girls while I was there. I'll be moving in some time in the middle of August. I'm also really excited to be living with these two ladies. I know we'll get along great and make the most out of our experiences! Last year I cam home almost every weekend because I was going through a lot and felt like I needed to, and also because I had a job waiting for me every Saturday. My parents run a restaurant, so there's always work for the boss's daughter! This year I'm hoping to be able to stay at school more often. I've grown a lot since first moving out of the house. I also think I'll enjoy things more with being in an apartment instead of a dorm... though that was also a fun experience.
I was very thankful to spend some time with Nate while I was getting things arranged for August. We have been dating since October 2006. Since then, we've been at the same school and last summer Nate had an internship and lived only 20 minutes away from me. Now he's about 1 1/2 hours away. Its been something new for us dealing with not seeing each other every day, but I think it is making us stronger. We have been rotating driving to see each other about every other week.
On Saturday, after working at the restaurant till about 2, my family, a few employees and I catered a neighbor's graduation party. My dad borrowed 2 gyro cookers. The mother of the graduate absolutely loves gyros, so it was a must for the party. The cookers were a lot of work, but they were quite the crowd pleasers! People were very curious to see what was cooking and many did not hesitate to try something new. One of the cooks we brought along, Ben, hasn't worked for us very long, so we hadn't brought him out to cater yet. He was awesome with the people. He jumped right in and showed them how to assemble the sandwiches. We all had a great time! We went through about 60 pounds of gyro meat and only 10 pounds of pulled pork... the gyros were definitely popular. The parents were absolutely thrilled with everything and we had a lot of fun catering a party for great friends!
Yesterday was pretty much a recuperation day. After working 14 hours on Saturday, I was exhausted, and my parents started 2 hours before I did. We were all in desperate need of some sleep. We all got some much needed rest, took care of a few financial forms for school, and took Dad's computer in for some help. Geek Squad is always so helpful!
Well, that's about all for now. I wish you all a blessed and safe week and a great 4th of July holiday. We're closing the restaurant down for the day, so we're looking forward to a day off!

Until next time...

God's blessings,
~Stella

No comments:

Powered By Blogger